Website Copywriting Tips
Writing website copy can be an uncertain experience for many, particularly if your not sure what to write or what the purpose of your website is. So to eliminate some of the stress and uncertainty, here’s a few website copywriting tips to help you identify your website visitor to take into consideration when writing your website copy.
1. Website visitors are time poor and goal orientated. They know what they want and are looking for the product or service that is of benefit to them, so put your biggest sales guns upfront to engage them and start rapport.
2. Website visitors are scan readers with a large percentage sitting up late at night so use subheaders to attract their eye and get their attention.
3. Reading a computer screen is harder to read than paper, so lay out your website copy in small easy to read chunks.
4. Even though website designers and website developers will disagree with me, I like to make it easy for people to contact me there and then while they are on my website. It eliminates clicking here and clicking there and the person getting annoyed, that’s why I like to feature contact details on every page.
5. Before you write a single word, ask yourself who is visiting your website and what do they want? Then based on your experiences cut out a photo of your target audience from a magazine, stick it on your computer and write to that person.
6. Have a free offer, free report or something to encourage them to take action today and so you can start building a relationship with them.
7. If professional SEO services are out of your budget, use https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
8. Don’t forget to have a headline so the minute they hit your site, they go wow, this is the place for me!
9. Ask yourself what the purpose of your website is. Is it to create leads, educate people, sell an event, direct them to a sales page or buy a product?
Anyway, until next time, have a good one
About Creative Copywriting and Content Solutions
At Creative Copywriting & Content Solutions on the Gold Coast, we’re all about relationships and getting you results.
Based on the Gold Coast, we assist your business by eliminating your marketing waste using proven methods, rather than theory.
Our copywriting services range from online and offline direct response copywriting and marketing, direct response copywriting, social media posting and set up and marketing coaching and courses, marketing systems, business information products, and personal branding.
We’ve evolved into one of Australia’s most recognised and reputable copywriting and content writing services serving over 6,000 clients in a variety of different professions, services and industries since we started back in 2003.
For a chat about our copywriting or content writing services or courses, done for you social media services and personal reputation services, please call or text us on 0412 288 339, or complete the contact form below.