Should you update your website or not?
We get asked this a lot at Creative Copywriting & Content Solutions on the Gold Coast
First, all online and offline marketing, platforms and tools have a life cycle.
So for us, whether to update your website and content or not relies on a mix of technology, design, relevance, and results based on things like this
1. How old is your website?
If it is older than 5 years you should probably update it as the technology is most likely a little outdated.
2. Current relevant headlines and content.
Are the headlines and content in your website and page titles, relevant to what people are searching and looking for on Google? If not, update them.
3. Is your website mobile-friendly?
Google is indexing your website by mobile version only so if it is not mobile-friendly, an update is a must ASAP.
4. Above the Fold.
If I was to only see your website above the fold (the first things I see on my phone or desktop when I visit your website) would I know ‘What You Do, Whom You Do It For And The Problem You Solve?
5. Let’s talk results specifically leads.
If the number of leads from your website has dropped, it’s probably due to people not being able to find what they were looking for. Probably best to update.
6. Load speed
Is your website fast or slow to load? Test it out for free here https://tools.pingdom.com
7. Do you have pages with dead or broken links or pages that are no longer applicable?
No one likes those nasty 404 messages.
Of course, these are just some of the things to consider before deciding to update your website design or content.
As usual, feel free to give us a call or reach out to us with any questions on this one okay?
All the best,
Eddie, Yasmin, and the team
Creative Copywriting & Content Solutions
• Ph: 0412 288 339
Ways people in business use our content writing, copywriting and social media services to make business easier, more profitable, and save themselves time, energy and money.
1. Build your brand with our Done for you social media copywriting, design, and posting services
2. Show up when people search for your business with our SEO Website copywriting
3. Establish trust and authority with our Content creation and blog writing and bundles
4. Sell more through your e-commerce store using our Product description copywriting
5. Press Release writing
6. Stay top of mind and create new and repeat sales with our Newsletter copywritng services
7. Upskill and get better returns for your marketing dollars with our private tailor-made one-on-one copywriting, content creation, and business courses
All with a 100% money-back guarantee and we’ve been doin it since 2003!
“We have been so impressed with the content, delivery, and follow-up. Having our blogs written for us has freed up time and energy for us to focus on other important areas of our business. Eddie and his team have researched and understood our diverse industry and are portraying us with professionalism and creativity. Thank you. We truly appreciate you and are exceptionally grateful we have partnered with your company.” Marama, CEO Medhire