I’ll never forget it! It was 1989 when I first cut my teeth in the wonderful world of direct response copywriting. And luckily for me, it was under the wing of one of Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs in his Direct Mail marketing company.
While I didn’t realise it at the time that time from 1989 to 2000 was awesome. It’s also a big part of why I started Creative Copywriting and Content Solutions.
Admittedly the team and I at Creative Copywriting & Content Solutions provide a range of different copywriting services and formula’s to customers these days. However, 55% of our customers use our direct response copywriting services with great success for a variety of reasons.
So what is direct response copywriting?
First, direct response copywriting or emotional response copywriting was established well before Twitter, Facebook, Hubspot and everything else came along. Businesses use it as a way of testing your marketing as should any of your marketing be.
Other key points about emotional direct response copywriting and marketing are:
- It focuses on the customer or prospect as opposed to a lot of marketing you see that’s generally centred around the brand, product or services of the company.
- It’s a sound and proven copywriting formula based on a Problem, Agitation, and Solution concept. This is where you highlight a problem your hottest prospect has. Then you agitate that problem and position yourself as the solution using social proof, a guarantee, and other elements.
- Direct response copywriting will also have a specific headline for specific somebody targeting a particular problem.
- Direct response marketing will always have an offer that is of use to your prospects. The offer may be a lead magnet or white-paper on your website.
- A great direct response marketing promotion will always have an active call to action on it with a sense of urgency or be time-sensitive.
- A direct response copywriter will also write your copy in terms of outcomes and benefits for your prospects or customers.
- And traditionally a direct response copywriter and marketing promotion are in long-form sales copy.
What types of businesses use our direct response
While I’ve been a direct response copywriter for just over 29 years, my team doesn’t quite have the experience I do. However, since I started Creative Copywriting & Content Solutions in 2003, we’ve written direct response copywriting for marketing for businesses such as
- Cosmetic surgeon, skincare, and beauty services
- Importers and wholesalers
- Builders and Knockdown rebuild services
- IT services
- Childcare centres
- Accountant, banking and wealth creation businesses
- Real Estates and property management services
- And many other service and trade-based businesses.
“Just like the legal profession says, if you represent yourself in court you have a fool for a client. The same can easily be said for marketing and, in particular, copywriting. Make a wise choice like I did and use Eddie.” – Adam, Select Designs
The benefits of direct response copywriting.
Based on our experience, one thing many businesses fail to see about direct response copywriting is that it takes all the rejection out of trying to sell people. For example, take cold calling. You’re calling people trying to sell something to people who do not know who you are, they didn’t ask you to call them, and it is full of rejection.
With direct response copywriting, however, prospects are putting their hand up for whatever you’re offering in exchange for them giving you their information.
The benefit of this is, once you have their name, email address and phone number, you can start building a relationship with them. You can educate them about your products or services and convert a percentage of them into sales.
Direct response copywriting is beneficial for:
- Online or offline lead generation advertising.
- Creating leads offline and driving people to your website or landing page online.
- Activating old customers who have not purchased from you in a while.
- Building memberships and continuity.
- Acquiring referrals.
- Getting bums on seats at your event.
- And more!
Why don’t more businesses use direct response copywriting?
Based on our experience, we find many businesses dismiss using direct response copywriting because:
- They have tried it once and failed. Whether they wrote it themselves, had gotten a staff member, part-time intern, or a copywriting service to write it, they didn’t receive the ‘instant results.’
- It is not their industry norm. What this really means is none of their competitors are using it. So, naturally, neither do they. But based on our experience this is precisely why they should use It!
- Sales copy is too long so no-one will read it. If it’s interesting enough with the right words, offer and content to the right people, people will read it and act on it
“I’m over the moon!! There was not one moment while reading your copy that I felt iffy, I could not fault it! You hit the nail on the head with the web copy you wrote and the message that I wanted to put across to my target audience.” – Peter Colless, CEO & Founder Home Biz Profit Systems
Deciding on a direct response copywriting service for your marketing isn’t easy. With so many to choose from, it can be hard to weed out the good from the bad.
It also needs to be a good fit for you, so you know you’re understood to meet your goals and outcomes as best as possible.
With that in mind, the team and I invite you to give us a call about our online and offline direct response copywriting services. This way you can find out more about us, your money-back guarantees and how you can benefit.
Jaffaman Eddie & the team
Creative Copywriting & Content Solutions
Ph. 0412 288 339
Head office: Level 1, 18 Brendan Drive, Nerang, Qld 4211